2005年9月19日 星期一

Arghhh... I am fed up of rebuilding a static site over and over again~

MovableType offers dynamic site generation from ver 3.1 onwards.

I started using MT for my blog back in the 2.66 days and for the quick and dirty start, I chose to use filesystem db support, which was Berkley DB. It all worked out fine for a small site like mine.


As I migrated along the path, ver 3.1 introduced a dynamic site generation with MySQL and support for PostgreSQL appeared in ver 3.2. I now have over 60 entries in the blog and changing layouts and templates has become a huge PITA for me. The processing cycle degenerated into change->rebuild->preview->not satisifed->change. I know this may be temporary, but nonetheless frustrating and time consuming.


Then I read about the dynamic generation feature for MT 3.2 and realized that I am locked out of the options because of my initial decision to use BDB instead of either MySQL or PostgreSQL (ok, I must admit I prefer postgresql for the more conforming SQL to ANSI standard, which Oracle closely follows). Maybe I will migrate my site over to PHP+Postgresql, since the plugins I use are compatible with dynamic site generation. But I really need to read up more and experiment more to make up for my own folly.

沒有留言:

張貼留言