2007年1月16日 星期二

KDE 4 Cross Platform-ed

The Road to KDE 4: Full Mac OS X Support

This is really cool. I used to try to bring KDE over to Windows via Cygwin/X, but the results were not as good. What I would have chosen to use would be:

1. KWrite, with the pretty syntax markup and code folding, it may replace my Ultraedit.
2. Konsole, minus the SSH tunneling capabilities, but with added tabbing, it will be a great replacement for cmd.exe
3. No, I don't want Konqueror to be my file explorer, it will be too much PITA.
4. I want Super Karamba, a la Mac OS style.

As for OS/X integration, I think they are making a corret decision not to re-invent the workspace wheel. Leopard will be out with Spaces, combined with Expose, should be a complete solution to workspace/desktop management system.

But, I really need to get an MBP first.



沒有留言:

張貼留言